A woman who says that she was sexually assaulted by two men at a Sydney bar has left behind a three-year-old son.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with assaulting the woman at the time.
In a statement, the woman’s lawyer, Stephen Kostyuk, said her client was grateful to have a son.
“I would like to say to the community that our client is grateful for the support she has received and that she will never, ever forget this terrible experience,” he said.
“The incident that occurred at the club where she was assaulted is so traumatic that she has had a difficult time accepting it.”
The woman said she was wearing a skirt when she was approached by a group of men who asked her to dance and then began to fondle her.
“They grabbed my ass and they said, ‘please stop’,” she said.
The alleged incident occurred on January 26, when the woman was approached on the street by a man who appeared to be in his early 20s.
The woman had her phone out and was talking to her friends when the man approached her.
The accused, who was wearing sunglasses and a mask, asked if she wanted to dance.
The complainant told the men to “get her in the back of the car” and “fuck her”.
She said she tried to avoid eye contact with the men, but was repeatedly pushed and slapped by one of them.
The men then left the scene.
Ms Kostyan said she spoke to her client a few days after the alleged assault and was assured that the incident had never happened.
“She said that it happened once and it’s not happening again, but that she hopes that this incident will not happen again,” he told the ABC.
“We’re very concerned about what’s happening in the world, about the impact that this type of thing has on our children and our communities.”
The accused man has not been charged with any offence.
Mr Kostysuk said his client had been in hospital since the incident and was unable to work due to a brain injury.
“This is a horrible, traumatic experience for her and her family,” he added.
Mr Koryuk said the woman wanted to take her son to Australia. “
At this time she is not able to fully process what happened, but she wants to do everything she can to help the people who have been affected by this.”
Mr Koryuk said the woman wanted to take her son to Australia.
“Her daughter, she has a son who’s a baby,” he explained.
“My client, he’s very devastated by what has happened, and we want to help her, we want her to come home.”
The ABC contacted both the man’s lawyer and the Sydney Police Department about the alleged incident.
A spokesman for the department said officers were investigating and had received a number of calls about the incident.
“All calls and complaints made to police are thoroughly investigated and the matters referred to police,” a spokesman said.
‘Very upset’ Ms Koryyan said her family had been left “very upset” by the allegations.
“Everyone is very upset, very hurt and very upset,” she said, adding she was “not sure what to say” to the alleged perpetrators.
“But I know that they know what they did, they know that what they’ve done is disgusting.”
The incident has been a “horrible trauma for her” and she had a “difficult time accepting” it, her lawyer said.
Topics:sexual-offences,sexual-health,crime,sydney-2000,sydney-airport-2020,australiaMore stories from New South Wales